If you would like to know more about the worship ministry please contact Kevin Sanders.
Download the Worship Ministry Team Application HERE
Corporate Worship Philosophy:
- God-centered: The aim of our Sunday morning gatherings is the glory of God above all else. We do not seek to entertain those in attendance, but to point people to their Savior Jesus Christ.
- Bible-Saturated: The primary ways a worship gathering remains God-centered is by planting deep roots into God’s word. The center of our service is the expository preaching of God’s word. Surrounding the preaching are biblically faithful songs and scripture reading.
- Prayer-led: We know that we cannot lead others in worship ourselves. We desperately need the Holy Spirit to point our hearts to Christ for the glory of the Father. Therefore, we pray expectantly for God to work among us.
- Excellent: Because God deserves the glory, we strive for excellence. Excellence is not to be confused with perfection. It is simply taking proper measures to ensure that, by God’s grace, we are stewarding the talents he has given us for his glory.
- Simple: We desire to showcase God, not our talents. We ask our worship team members to sacrifice “self-expression” for the sake of the worship team, the congregation, and the glory of God.
- Historic and Contemporary: Acknowledging the theological richness of songs from all throughout church history, we mingle both old hymns, contemporary songs, and original songs.
- Joyous! The end goal is the glory of God. This is accomplished by our delighting in him. As the Westminster Shorter Catechism states, “The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.”